These cheddar, apple, and jalapeño turkey burgers are stuffed full of yummy ingredients that will have your mouth watering until the last bite!
Okay, guys, I have to just spout something out. I know I told you on Tuesday about the beautimous Lodge Dutch Oven that we bought and I love so dearly, but I just have one more life changing purchase to tell you about! We’ve had a cycle of loaner grills since getting married (well, just 2 of them), but neither of them have been ours and neither of them were exactly what we wanted. The first was an ultra portable teeny gas grill that pretty much charred everything due to super direct heat and the second was one of those eensy weensy charcoal grills that fits a max of 4 hamburgers. While both were awesome and we were grateful for both while we had them, we had been looking for a bit of an upgrade on and off for the last year!
Well, Kev was doing some Craiglist browsing a few weeks ago and came across this grill and sent it over to me to see what I thought. I just laughed because, you know, something that huge selling for next to no money usually doesn’t have the best chance of working. Fast forward 24 hours and we’re scrubbing down the grates and setting the grill up on patio and hooking up the full propane tank (which came with it too), and then the moment of truth….. we lit it and it works! It seriously works!! Any guesses on what we paid??
Ten freaking dollars for a massive, fully functioning grill complete with propane tank.
Uhm, thank you rich lady — you have no idea how much love your grill is going to get. We promise to make ALL the yummiest things on it.
Like these turkey burgers!! Just like these turkey burgers.
These guys are packed with sharp sharp sharp cheddar cheese, spicy jalapeño, and tangy sweet granny smith apple shreds. It really doesn’t get much better than this!
Make sure to tag Kitschen Cat on Instagram or Facebook when you make these for your first BBQ of the year!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¼ cup shredded yellow onion
- 1 medium granny smith or other tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Sesame Buns
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix really well with a wooden spoon or your hands until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Form into 4 large patties, about 1 inch thick.
- Grease the grates of your grill with cooking spray then preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Place patties on grill and cook for 8-10 minutes per side or until the internal temperature comes to 165 degrees.
- Toast sesame buns by placing straight on grill and then assemble burger and add your choice of toppings!
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!