A great solution to morning craziness! Make a batch of these at the beginning of the week and have hearty, healthy breakfasts ready to go!
Is anyone else watching Stranger Things on Netflix right now?? I’m watching it as I’m typing this and things are feeling a little creepy around here. I don’t think I’ve watched anything remotely scary since the days of snuggling under blankets with girlfriends in high school and screaming our heads off, but this show is taking me back. It’s a supernatural science fiction horror tv Netflix original and is gaining some major buzz from adoring fans – I have big plans to finish the last 4 episodes this weekend and will report back next week with my ending thoughts! No spoilers please, but if you’ve been watching it as well, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments 🙂
Okay, breakfast burritos. They’re a thing. If they’re not yet a thing in your life, it’s time. If I’m being honest with myself, I prefer a classic sausage, egg, and cheese bfast burrito, but sometimes you just gotta get creative in order to put something a little more healthy in your body. As you know, if you’ve been around Kitschen Cat for any number of time, I’m a fan of throwing sweet potatoes in a variety of places. Because why not?? They’re so good for you and they bulk up meatless dishes quite nicely!
If you’re the kind of person who likes to cook once at the beginning of the week and then have meals ready to go without a thought, these are for you! Or, if you have some friends coming over for brunch or maybe you’re going camping this weekend, I think these would be a great option for those situations as well. If you take the time spent baking the sweet potatoes out of the equation, they’re so incredibly speedy. Once your sweet potatoes are soft and smashed up, everything else can be made and assembled in less than 15 minutes. Then, breakfast is ready for the rest of the week and you just gained your mornings back!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1, 14.5oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place sweet potatoes on baking sheet lined with foil. Pierce with fork 5-6 times and then bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until tender.
- Take peeling off of sweet potato and mash, then stir in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- In large skillet, scramble eggs with milk and then stir in black beans, cayenne, salt, and black pepper.
- Divide egg mixture into 10 portions and spoon onto tortillas, then top with shredded cheese, and a drizzle of salsa.
- Roll up into a burrito, wrap in foil, and freeze until ready to eat, then bake or microwave until warm.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!