A fun alternative to pizza nights, these ooey gooey, veggie loaded cheesy pizza rolls are sure to be a family hit!
The last “pizza-y” recipe I posted was such a hit, that I decided to post another fun pizza alternative. The best part is, you can use the same dough recipe and just roll it up like a cinnamon roll! Fun, huh?!
I used my favorite simple veggies (red onion, spinach, and mushroom), but the possibilities for the filling is endless. If you want to go the meat route, I’d suggest crumbling sausage as small as possible or dicing up your pepperoni or Canadian bacon into teeny tiny bits to make it easier for rolling up.
Today is just a short post because I’ve got some other things up my sleeve that I’m working on, but I can’t wait to hear how you like these! If you make them, don’t forget to send me a picture on Instagram or tag me on Facebook!
- 1 lb Pizza Dough
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz white mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1½ cups shredded monterey jack or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On large surface, roll pizza dough out to roughly 10 x 16 inches.
- Spread pizza sauce onto rectangle, leaving a one inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle with salt, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Place whole mushrooms, red onion, and spinach in a food processor or blender, and pulse 5-10 times or until veggies are in tiny pieces.
- Sprinkle veggies over top of pizza and then finish by adding the cheese.
- Starting on the long side, carefully roll dough up into a log like a cinnamon roll.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 equal sized rolls then place onto greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until dough is cooked through and cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
Meal Planning Made Easy!
Get a free ebook and learn my tricks!