Oven Roasted Curried Cardamom Carrots – a 4 ingredient weeknight side dish that kicks your carrots up a level!
Sometimes we just need those ultra easy side dishes where all it takes is an ounce of brainpower and a few spices. I don’t normally think fond thoughts about cooked carrots, but spiced and roasted ones are a completely different story. They’re not the mushy tasteless carrots of cafeteria’s past – they’re the cool cousin carrot with little charred bits on the outside and a crazy mix of indian flavor!
I’m gonna keep this short and sweet, just like these little carrot beauties. If you’re looking for suggestions on what to serve these with, I think a nice simple dinner of roast chicken, some sort of brown rice pilaf, a leafy salad, and these Oven Roasted Curried Cardamom Carrots would be just the thing!
- 1 (16 oz) bag baby carrots.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl then spread into a flat layer in an oven proof skillet or a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are easily pierced through with a fork.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!