Impress your guests with these fancy pants Pressure Cooker Greek Lamb Meatballs with Salad and Tzatziki. The secret? It’s 10X easier than it looks!!
Can I tell you a secret? I’m not sure I’ve ever had lamb! I know for certain I’ve never had a lamb chop or rack of lamb, but there’s a chance that I’ve eaten a gyro made with lamb meat. You know those giant cylinders of meat that rotate on a spit? Where someone takes a large knife and cuts off a pile of thin shavings and stuffs it in a wrap for you? Well, sometimes they’re lamb, sometimes they’re beef or pork or a mixture of all three. But, this is the first time I’ve bought lamb and cooked it, that’s for sure!
The smells coming out of the kitchen while these were in the pressure cooker were causing some MAJOR mouth watering. The coriander, cumin, mint, and garlic all packed with some other tasty things inside the meatball are just too good! If you’re hosting a dinner party soon or even just having a few friends over, you can really wow them with this meal.
It’s a great one to prep almost completely ahead of time, and then the last thing to be done is just cooking the meatballs. And, if you start those right before your guests arrive you’ll be eating in 15 minutes PLUS they get the pleasure of walking into a house that smells so heavenly.
I know lamb might feel a little fancy or a little uncomfortable to some of you, but trust me on this one, it’s one of the simplest meals EVER and if you’re worried about taste, you’re going to be blown away by the spices and flavors that all come from the meatballs as well as the entire platter. I’d love to hear if you make it, so don’t forget to tag me on insta to show me your yummy photos!
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup seeded and diced cucumber
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- In a large bowl, mix together panko, milk, lamb, coriander, cumin, garlic, oregano, mint, salt, pepper, and feta.
- Form into 1 inch meatballs and place on top of trivet inside pressure cooker. Pour in 1 cup of water, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, do a quick release and remove trivet and pour off excess water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to pot and sauté meatballs until brown and crispy on 2 sides. This will take 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble salad on a large platter, layering butter lettuce, tomato, olives, cucumber, meatballs, and top with Tzatziki Sauce.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!