Pressure Cooker Mango Matcha Oats made in less than 20 with caramelized mango and banana and topped with toasted walnuts and coconut shreds.
Happy 4th my friends! I want to know what everyone is doing! I’ve now been stuck inside since Thursday (being sick, then getting caught up) so I’m really hoping to spend most of my day outside today. Of course it will be blazing hot today, but all the more reason to find a swimming spot, right?
You should know by now that I’m all about my pressure cooker. When I started using it about 2 1/2 years ago, one of the first things I learned how to make were the most basic of basic steel cut oats. Oats, water, 15(ish) minutes, breakfast-time! I’ve experimented with a whole bunch of different oats recipes since then, and this is one of my favorites to date. The first time I made it, I threw in the banana and mango as is, but in round 2 and beyond, I’ve been caramelizing it in a little butter and brown sugar. If you like that sweet kick in your oatmeal (*Ahem, me), it’s the way to go. If you want to lighten it up, just stay with the fresh cut fruit. It’s yummy as well!
If you love this recipe and are looking for a few other great steel cut oats recipes made in your pressure cooker, here are a few of my favorites!
- ¾ cup steel cut oats
- 1¼ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- **optional toppings:
- toasted coconut, walnuts, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, coconut cream
- Mix together oats, coconut milk, water, matcha powder, and salt in pressure cooker.
- Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes then let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes, release any remaining pressure.
- While oats are cooking, heat butter and brown sugar in a small skillet, add banana and mango, stir gently and let fruit caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon oats into a bowl, then top with fruit and other desired toppings.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!