Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken Stir Fry is better than take out and has a REAL orange flavor from fresh oj and grated zest.
What do you guys wanna talk about? Super bowl? Justin Timberlake? Party food?? Yep, that’s what I thought – let’s go with party food. What did you guys make last night?? Were your pressure cookers running at full steam? I had 2 of my PC’s going at full blast and almost added in a 3rd, but used a little restraint. One of them was making pork for carnitas and the other had my adobo shredded beef going. So, basically, we had an epic taco party with ALL the meat and ALL the toppings.
How are you feeling about this dreamy orange chicken? I have a fridge packed to the gills with ingredients for test recipes this week, but a part of me wants to scrap it all and just make orange chicken times 7!
…the perils of a food blogger. Just when you’ve found your favorite recipe, you gotta move on to the next one. Good thing there’s so much good food out there, right?
Okay, so what makes this orange chicken a step above those other orange chicken fellas? Well, this one has no refined sugar and the chicken is free of any heavy coating and deep frying. It’s a fresh, naked, healthier alternative to the usual orange chicken! **I’m looking at you, completely delicious Trader Joe’s frozen orange chicken. Whyyyy does it have to be so good??**
We don’t need that anymore! If you use frozen stir fry veggies like I did and have all your cooking ducks in a row, you can get this meal on the table in under 15 minutes! I declare it a winner!!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large orange, zested
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 10oz pkg frozen stir fry vegetables
- Add all ingredients except for cornstarch and stir fry vegetables to pressure cooker.
- Stir, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When time is up, do a quick release and turn on the sauté setting.
- Add veggies and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in small bowl, then pour into pressure cooker. Stir until juices have thickened.
- Serve over rice!
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!