Pressure Cooker Snap Pea Israeli Couscous is a fresh summer side dish with only a few ingredients – perfect for lunchtime!
Have you survived the summer? I’m not crossing my fingers, but I feel like we mayyyyy have just come out of the peak temps down here for the year. A few weeks in the 100’s and a weekend of 106 happened, and well, we came out alive, but I’m ready for the 90’s again. I spent some time outside yesterday morning and the temp hovered in the high 80’s and it felt like fall! Truly paradise! You know you’ve just survived a Texas summer when…
#1. 89 degrees feels like the new 60.
#2. You don’t remember the last time you wore anything that reached as far as your knees or your elbows in the clothing category.
#3. Making it out of the house anywhere without profusely sweating is considered a great achievement.
#4. You can go on nighttime walks around your block again because it’s only 95!!
#5. You start dreaming of making fall foods: soups, pumpkin anything, apple pie…
If I’m being real with myself, we still have another 2-3ish months of summer cooking before I can get into fall coziness. This Israeli couscous recipe with fresh snap peas and dill has to be one of the most low maintenance, all in one pot kind of summer salads. It can be eaten hot or cold (hello summer picnics), has a small list of ingredients, and is made completely in the pressure cooker.
I know some of you aren’t a fan of dill, so if that’s the case for you, either leave it out completely or substitute another fresh summer herb like parsley or thyme! Either would be yummy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pearled israeli couscous
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8oz snap peas, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- In pressure cooker on sauté setting, cook olive oil and couscous together for 1 minute.
- Add veggie broth, stir, lock lid, and set to 5 minutes on high pressure.
- When time is up, immediately do a quick release and stir in snap peas, dill, salt, and pepper. Set to high pressure for 1 more minute.
- When time is up, immediately do a quick release and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container in refrigerator for later.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!