Pressure Cooker Strawberry Brownie Cheesecake is the perfect valentines day treat for your sweetie!
If you haven’t figured this out already, the pressure cooker is a great way to surprise people! This past Friday I brought a PC monkey bread recipe I had been testing to our community group and when people found out you can make Monkey Bread in the PC, they were thoroughly confused. The common question is, “what CAN’T you make in the pressure cooker??” To which I respond… there’s not a ton. Anything that you need to cook without liquid present is the short answer. Example: pizza. Granted, it would be possible to make it in the PC using a pot in pot method, but the crust would be dense and soggy and the cheese wouldn’t be bubbly and crispy… so that’s not really pizza at all. I’ll stick to my oven and grill for that one.
For desserts like cheesecake, however, the pressure cooker is the perfect environment! Even better than the oven. There’s much less room for error since it’s cooked in a temperature controlled, always moist vat where no steam has the slightest chance to escape.
For this completely perfect Valentine’s cheesecake, I’m using the basics from Barbara’s recipe from her Black Forest Cheesecake. The brownie bottom with the creamy vanilla cheesecake layer. Then, I’m adding my own spin on the top with the hefty pile of fresh whipping cream and a larger than life mound of fresh strawberries.
What I love about this cheesecake is that it really isn’t too sweet or rich. I omit 8 ounces of the cream cheese and sub a cup of sour cream instead, which gives it a slightly lighter texture and taste.
If you haven’t made a cheesecake in your pressure cooker yet, you’ll need to Amazon Prime this springform pan ASAP and then get cooking! In my opinion, it’s 100 times easier than making a cheesecake in the oven if you do 2 things right.
#1. Your cream cheese and eggs MUST be at room temperature.
#2. Don’t over beat your filling.
If you follow both of those instructions, you’ll unlock your PC lid to the most magnificent swirly pink and white luscious cheesecake!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1½ cups strawberries, sliced in half
- Lightly spray the bottom and sides of your springform pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your pressure cooker pot, then place trivet inside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, then stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into springform pan then gently lower into the pressure cooker.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When the time is up, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes then release all remaining pressure.
- While brownie is cooking, use an electric mixer to beat together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix on medium speed until just combined. Add flour and mix on medium speed just until flour is incorporated. Be careful not to overmix at this stage.
- Pour cheesecake mixture right on top of the cooked brownie bottom and then squeeze 5 drops of food coloring onto the top. Use a toothpick to gently swirl into the mixture.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then release all remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove springform pan from pot and let cool for 1 hour on a cooling rack.
- Cover with foil and place in fridge to cool for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, spread with whipped cream and pile with cut strawberries.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!