Pressure Cooker Strawberry jam cooks on high pressure for just 1 minute and gives you the most lovely fruity fresh jam!
Today’s Amazon Prime day! Woo! I don’t have my eye on anything, buuuut if YOU don’t have a pressure cooker yet, you should check out this crazy deal…
The 8 QT instant pot is 30% off today and in my opinion, totally worth it! I have the 6qt and it works well 95% of the time, but sometimes I have to wedge in a whole chicken or a big roast that really could use a little extra room.
Did you know that the instant pot is a 7 in 1 appliance? If you’re concerned about it taking up too much space in your kitchen or being underutilized, I promise you you won’t be disappointed. It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté – er, yogurt maker and warmer. SO, basically, you can get rid of all those other appliances and consolidate them down into one! The instant pot!
One thing that should have been added to its list of accolades is a jam maker. Say whaaaat?? Chop up some fruit, throw in a little sugar and citrus juice, high pressure for 1 minute, and done! Fresh jam for spreading on toast, drizzling over ice cream, eating with cheese, etc… the possibilities are endless!
When I made my jam, I strained the extra juice out of the mixture and put it aside for drizzling on ice cream or a special topping for a fruit salad. If you like a thicker jam, I recommend doing this, but if you don’t mind it a little runny, leave everything together and you’ll have about 2 cups total of delicious, fresh strawberry jam!
**This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
- 1 lb strawberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- **optional - 2 teaspoons gelatin
- Remove stems from strawberries, slice in half and place in pressure cooker along with lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir and let sit for 10 minutes to let the juice start coming out of the strawberries.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 1 minute. When time is up, let pressure naturally release, then use a potato masher or pour into a blender to create your favorite consistency of jam.
- If you would like, whisk in gelatin for a slightly more set jam.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!