Slow Cooker Garlic Dill Snack Mix is a set it and forget about it party snack that’ll keep you munching all night!
We just finished up batch number
2, 3, FOUR of this crazy addicting snack mix. My mom used to make something growing up that was just oyster crackers coated in a dill mixture that I absolutely loved, and then we also would make a traditional chex mix in the oven that was easily devoured in an evening at home. I wanted to combine the two into one glorious Garlic Dill Snack Mix and I also needed to be able to make it in my instant pot/slow cooker, because, well, I don’t really use much else these days!
The snacky bits are up to you, but I like to use a variety of chex, oyster crackers, and pretzels at a bare minimum. Anything else you love and want to add into your mix is great! With Christmas usually comes a truckload of sugar filled goodies, so sometimes it’s nice to go the salty route for a bit to *ahem*, “cleanse” your palate. This is one of my favorite ULTRA EASY munchies to bring along to holiday parties, game nights, netflix binging, anything! Tell me you’re a fan too!!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups rice chex
- 2 cups corn chex
- 2 cups mini twist pretzels
- Set your slow cooker to high and melt butter and canola oil inside.
- Stir all spices into the butter mixture until combined then add crackers, chex, and pretzels.
- Toss party mix with spices and butter, place lid on top, but leave slightly askew so condensation doesn't build.
- Let slow cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every half hour.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!