All in one pot and bursting with flavor, this AhhMazing Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup will NOT let you down.
What would you say if I told you we ate this for 3 days straight? Lunch, dinner, lunch, dinner, lunch, dinner and we could have kept on going! It’s just THAT good. I think I made chicken tortilla soup before owning an Instant Pot, but it was nowhere near as good.
My guess is if you’ve found your way to this recipe, you already own one of these magical appliances, but there’s always a chance that you’re still considering. I feel like it’s one of my life missions to show the world how truly life saving the Instant Pot has been for me and my family.
I’ve heard from a huge number of you that you got Instant Pots for Christmas and you’re wanting to know what to make with them! There are many great resources floating around on the web with instant pot recipes and I know you’re going to have a blast learning how to use your newest appliance. I own a few of these guys, but the Instant Pot Duo Plus 9 in 1 6QT is my go to for regular weeknight meals. Did you know that the Instant Pot can cook your meals up to 70% quicker than using a conventional method?? That’s mind blowing to me! Think of everything you could accomplish with that saved time!
This recipe for Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my all-time favorites and has yet to disappoint us OR a crowd of people.
I don’t think we can get much simpler than adding all but two ingredients to the pressure cooker, cooking for 10 minutes with a natural release, and then stirring in the corn and black beans. It’s really that easy! The chicken shreds apart with the lightest touch and the rest of the ingredients all contribute to one great big amazing flavor.
If you’re overwhelmed by the idea of learning how to use your new pressure cooker, don’t be scared!! This is the perfect entry recipe for you and I’m going to venture to say, FOOL-PROOF! You can do it! I have full faith.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.Print
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 12 oz your favorite salsa
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 15oz can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- limes, sour cream or greek yogurt, cilantro, green onion, avocado, tortilla chips
- In pressure cooking pot, add chicken, salsa, chicken broth, onion, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and tomato paste. Stir together.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When time is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then use a quick release to get all the remaining pressure out.
- Remove lid and shred chicken using two forks.
- Set pressure cooker to “simmer” setting and add black beans and corn. Stir until corn is heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a squeeze of lime juice, a dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt, a few sprigs of cilantro, chopped green onion, chopped avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.
The above equipment section contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Some of the ingredients in the recipe card above link to Thrive Market – my favorite option for organic, healthy food delivery. Use my promo code to get $20 OFF your first order! (affiliate)
My favorite source for fruits and veggies delivered to my door is Imperfect Produce! Here’s $10 to shop and create your Imperfect box today. (affiliate)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins