Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas have been a staple in our house for many years! I serve them to meat lovers and vegetarians alike and no one can get enough!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (about 3 cups chopped)
- 1 15 oz can black beans , drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup salsa verde , divided
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 flour tortillas, fajita or burrito size
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Sour cream
- Peel and chop sweet potato into small bite sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat and add sweet potato.
- Sauté for 10-15 minutes with lid on until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Add black beans and spices. Stir.
- Add 1/3 cup salsa verde and cream cheese and stir mixture until cream cheese is fully melted.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray then pour remaining salsa verde into bottom of dish.
- To assemble enchiladas, put some of the sweet potato and bean filling into the tortilla, then sprinkle with grated cheese and roll up into a burrito. Place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining filling, tortillas, and cheese.
- Drizzle remaining salsa verde over top of enchiladas, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until tortilla edges just start to get brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Top with onion, sour cream, avocado, cilantro and a squirt of lime juice.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins