Deliciously soft and tart, these cookies come from a favorite childhood holiday book, Cranberry Christmas!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh cranberries, pulsed through the food processor until tiny bits
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (I like these pulsed a few times through the food processor as well)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg, milk, and lemon juice and beat until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on medium low just until flour is incorporated. Don’t overmix!
- Gently mix in pulsed cranberries and chopped walnuts until fully combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop out onto greased cookie sheets or a cookie sheet lined in parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm and starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the cookie sheet to a wire baking rack.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins