- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ lb ground pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sized yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cup grated cheese **I like a mixture of cheddar and parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Start with flour on a large cutting board and make a well in the center. Crack both eggs into the flour and gently whisk to break yolks. Add salt. Using your hands, start to knead flour. salt and eggs until dough starts coming together. Once dough starts pulling away from your hands, slowly add water and continue kneading until a smooth ball forms. The dough will be very stiff by this point. You will be kneading for approximately 10 minutes.
- Proceed to use a pasta machine to roll out your fettucine noodles, or use a rolling pin to create a thin flat sheet and cut the noodles by hand.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, fry ground sausage until no pink is showing and it is fully cooked.
- Remove sausage from skillet, reserving some of the grease in the pan. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil, onion, squash, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are soft and starting to brown along the edges.
- Pour vegetable mixture into blender, add ¼ cup half and half. Puree until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to same skillet, melt over medium low heat. Pour in remaining half and half. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly. Add in vegetable puree, turn to low and simmer until thick, about 3 minutes. Add grated cheese and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Add sausage crumbles and parsley and stir to combine.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add fresh pasta, cooking for 3-4 minutes until al dente.
- Serve pasta with a heaping spoonful of yellow squash alfredo sauce and sprinkle with parsley.