- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced, divided
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes
- (2) 15.5 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups cooked rice, for serving
- Add 2 tablespoons of your diced onion to a small bowl, then stir in minced jalapeńo, fresh ginger, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Saute onion in pressure cooker in olive oil until it starts to soften and develop brown bits.
- Add cumin, garam masala, coriander, and turmeric. Saute until fragrant. 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and 1/4 cup water to spices.
- Stir, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes then release any remaining pressure.
- Serve over cooked rice topped with a tablespoon of raw onion/jalapeño mixture and a sprinkle of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins