Pressure Cooker Curried Shrimp Paella uses primarily pantry staples and makes a great weeknight dinner in less than 15 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup short-grain white rice
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In pressure cooker saute onion and bell pepper until starting to soften. About 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, curry powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Saute until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and white rice, stir, and manually set to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When time is up, do a quick release and add shrimp.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 1 minute.
- Do a quick release again, stir in frozen peas until thawed, then serve.