Pressure Cooker Kung Pao Chickpeas have fast become our favorite weeknight meal! It’s on the table in under 15 minutes and bursting with flavor and spice!
**Adapted for pressure cooker from Detoxinista.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2, 15oz cans cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (depending on your spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In pressure cooker, sauté red onion and bell pepper in olive oil until starting to soften. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, ginger, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and sesame oil.
- Stir, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then release all remaining pressure.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into pressure cooker, stir until the sauce starts to thicken, then serve over rice topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins