Pressure cooker lentil and cauliflower tostadas are one of my new favorite meatless go-to dinners! Wrap the hearty filling in a soft tortilla or stack it up on a tostada!
I’m sad to say we’re nearing the end of meatless January. I hope you’ve enjoyed our time focused on vegetarian meals and you’ll continue to revisit the whole collection on your meatless Mondays throughout the year! Personally, I think I like eating meat less than the average person, but it’s my goal on Kitschen Cat to give you a variety of family friendly and simple recipes, so that means that I can’t always be cooking without meat. Plus, I’m working on an exciting project right now that’s requiring cooking more recipes with meat — more details on that in the coming weeks!
These tostadas are the way to go when you’re craving tacos without the grease and extra heaviness of the meat. The base is a lentil and riced cauliflower mixture made ENTIRELY in the pressure cooker. It tastes quite a bit like refried beans to me and then when you pile it high with tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, salsa, and your other favorite taco toppings, it’s a dinner you’ll be wanting again and again!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 8 tostada shells
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in pressure cooker until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, cumin, cayenne, lentils, salsa, and vegetable broth.
- Stir, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes then do a quick release to release all remaining pressure.
- Turn pressure cooker onto sauté or browning setting and add riced cauliflower. Cook for 7-9 minutes until all liquid is gone and filling is starting to stick to the inner pot.
- Assemble tostada by layering shell with lentil filling, diced tomato, cilantro, salsa, shredded lettuce, and cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins