Pressure Cooker Pinto Bean and Chard Burritos are meatless, cheesy, full of brown rice, and perfect for a grab and go dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups veggie broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb Swiss chard, stemmed, leaves sliced into 1 inch wide strips
- 1 (28oz) can pinto beans, rinsed, half left whole and half smashed with a potato masher
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Add olive oil to pressure cooker and sauté onion and garlic until starting to soften – about 3 minutes.
- Add salt, brown rice, veggie broth, cilantro, tomato paste, chipotles in adobo, cumin, oregano, and swiss chard to pot.
- Stir, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 22 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then do a quick release for all remaining pressure.
- Stir in whole pinto beans and mashed beans and lime juice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of filling into the center of each tortilla then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Roll into a burrito shape and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas then bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve or freeze to enjoy later.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins