Pressure Cooker Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili has a hint of cinnamon and cocoa powder and is completely vegan, gluten free, and dairy free!
My words are few today, friends. Cedar fever is real and my ability to type many words amidst sneezing every 20 seconds is too hard.
In creating this recipe I really wanted a sweet and smoky flavor, so I experimented with different amount of smoked paprika, cinnamon, and cocoa powder until I got just the right amount. I think you’re going to be surprised at how well the flavor combo works!
Let’s cruise into the weekend with bellies full of sweet potato and quinoa chili, shall we?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- In pressure cooker, sauté bell pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil until soft. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add paprika, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, and salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and starting to stick in little bits to the bottom of the pot.
- Add sweet potato, diced tomatoes, black beans, cocoa powder, veggie broth, and quinoa.
- Stir, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 1 minute.
- When time is up, do a quick release and turn “keep warm” setting off. You don’t want the soup to keep cooking or the quinoa and sweet potato will start to get mushy.