Falling off the bone in less than 30 minutes, this “roasted” chicken recipe is the perfect quick and easy dinner!
- 1 3-4lb whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place trivet into pressure cooker and add 1 cup of water to bottom of pot.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and all spices, then rub it all over the outside of your chicken.
- Lower chicken onto trivet and set to high pressure for 6 minutes per every lb of chicken. For a 4lb chicken, you will set your time to 24 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release all remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove chicken from instant pot and place in your oven under your broiler for 5 minutes or until skin begins to brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes then cut and serve.