I’ve been making these soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls for so long and they turn out perfect every time! Only 7 ingredients and a breeze to make!
Easter is just days away and I really haven’t posted any super Easter-y foods for you guys yet! I’m loving seeing my insta feeds fill up with cadbury egg desserts, lamb recipes, and all the yummy snacks, sides, and treats you’re making for your people this weekend. I have to say, I was feeling a little left out, so Kev and I took a quick trip to the store last night for a cake mix to make these super awesome Carrot Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
I started making these cinnamon rolls when I was quite a bit younger and usually just use a plain yellow cake mix for regular fluffy cinnamon rolls with frosting. Standing in front of all the cake mixes at the grocery store last night gave me the idea to use a spiced carrot cake mix since carrot cake is one of our favorite desserts this time of year!
The dough for these rolls is so soft and so forgiving for any of you who don’t think of yourself as much of a baker. They take about 5 minutes to mix up and then need about an hour of rise time, but after that, they’re ready to roll up, bake, lather with cream cheese frosting, and devour!
If you’re not a carrot cake fan, you can use the regular yellow cake mix or you can try something else fun like a lemon or strawberry cake mix with a lemon cream cheese frosting or a fresh strawberry glaze! We’ll be munching on these Sunday morning before heading off to church (if any of them make it that long…)
Have an amazing Easter, friends!
- 5½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 box carrot cake mix (regular size)
- 2 pkgs (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 2½ cups warm water (as warm as your sink will get)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed together
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In stand mixer with dough hook attachment, mix together flour, cake mix, yeast, and warm water.
- Mix on medium low speed for 5 minutes until dough has pulled away from the bowl and has made a nice ball.
- Place dough in large greased bowl and let rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease 2 9x13 inch pans (or whatever you have on hand).
- Sprinkle a little bit of flour onto a large flat surface, divide dough in half, and roll one of the halves out into a large rectangle (14 inches by 10 inches).
- Use pastry brush to spread half the melted butter onto the dough and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Starting on the long side, roll dough up into a long log and then cut into 12 even rolls. **Tip: I like to use dental floss for quick, smooth cuts!
- Place rolls into one of your prepared pans and then repeat steps 5-7 for second pan of cinnamon rolls.
- Cover with a clean dish cloth and let rise for another 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes then let cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
- For frosting, whip together all frosting ingredients and spread over top of rolls.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!