A rich and creamy indian curry made in less than 15 minutes in the pressure cooker. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve on top of basmati rice for a night of make at home take-out!
Have you made a curry in your pressure cooker/instant pot yet?? I really hope you have or I really hope you haven’t but you’ll be ALL IN after reading about this super duper take-out worthy Indian Butter Chicken!
This is one of the recipes in my ebook, “Hangry Beyond Belief: A 30 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan for the Busy Cook“. If you haven’t checked it out yet, it has 30 days of dinners, 5 bonus desserts and breakfasts, 4 weekly shopping lists, and a monthly meal plan! All of the recipes are made using just your pressure cooker and most of the recipes will be on your table, ready for dinner, in well under an hour.
How was your Easter? We went to a friend’s house and I made this and this and some fresh cut pressure cooker green beans with bacon! When we were planning who was making and who was bringing what, my main concern was that cheesy potatoes showed up somewhere on the menu (because easter ham without cheesy potatoes is just not cool in my book). They’re like a once a year type food for me (but so mandatory) because, well, BUTTER and SOUR CREAM and CREAM SOUPS just can’t show up all the time if you’re trying to be even somewhat sorta healthy. Haha!
However, you know what CAN show up monthly or weekly on your table? Yep, you guessed it, BUTTER CHICKEN!! One thing to note on this recipe is that the chicken needs to marinate in the yogurt sauce for one hour up to 8 hours before throwing it in the pressure cooker and cooking for three minutes. Did you see that? THREE minutes. The yogurt sauce makes a deep fragrant flavor for the chicken and then by the time you add in the tomato sauce and heavy cream, the sauce goes from a perfect 10 to a perfect 10,000.
I love to serve this with basmati rice and a bunch of warm naan to help soak up all the extra sauce. If you’re interested in making your own naan, I’ve used this recipe in the past and really liked it. If you’re near a Trader Joe’s, definitely check out their amazing naan as well! I’ve tried both their tandoori and garlic naan in the past and both are so spot on.
Alright. Get ready, get set, dinnertime!Print
- 8 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all ingredients for chicken and marinate in the fridge from 1 hours up to 8 hours.
- In pressure cooker, saute garlic and jalapeno in butter until both start to soften.
- Mix in cumin, paprika, salt, tomato sauce, heavy cream, and marinated chicken.
- Set to high pressure for 3 minutes with a quick release at the end.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water, then stir into chicken and let sauce thicken up – this will take 3-4 minutes.
- Serve on basmati rice with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins