Pressure Cooker Chickpea and Potato Curry is a perfectly spiced meatless dinner that is made in under 30 minutes and can be served on a heaping pile of comforting and healthy brown or white rice.
Apologies for the lack of posting the last few weeks. For awhile there I was working day and night on the ebook and so recipe testing and shooting for the blog was being pushed to the side. Now, I’ll be honest, I’m just struggling getting back into the swing of things and having excitement to post on here. Hopefully it’s short lived and I’ll be able to push through, because I really do enjoy spending time on here. I think I’m just out of practice and lacking motivation. It’s been fun to just cook for fun and not work lately, and I need to keep working to find that balance as I start looking at this as my business again.
I really am so excited to show you guys this Kid Friendly ebook! The original plan was to sell it for a minimal cost of $1.99 but more recently I’ve decided to give it away FO FREE! Of course it would be awesome if anyone that picks up a copy could share it with their friends so they can benefit as well, but that’s not required. There’s such a fine line to walk with products because, well, a girl’s still gotta make money somehow, but I also hate charging for everything. So, my hope with this ebook is that it’ll attract some new friends and that’ll be payment enough!
How are you feeling about this potato and chickpea curry situation today? I love making chickpea dishes in the pressure cooker because they hold together so well and blend it with whatever spices and flavorings you’re using in the rest of the dish.
In the case of this Indian dish, we’re using a combo of spices like curry, nutmeg, cumin, and allspice, then mixing it with hearty potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes to make a filling and satisfying weeknight dish!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon all-spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped into 1⁄2 inch pieces
- 28 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In pressure cooker on saute setting, saute onion, garlic, and all spices in olive oil.
- Turn heat off and add potatoes, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and veggie broth.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 10 minutes
- When time is up, let naturally release for 10 minutes and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Stir green onions and fresh parsley into curry and serve hot over white or brown rice.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins