Pressure Cooker No Mayo Avocado Egg Salad is loaded with fresh herbs and arugula, AND there’s no peeling any hard boiled eggs!! Read the post to figure out how!
It has BEEN awhile, friends! Man it’s hard to get back into the swing of things with cooking, shooting, and posting regularly. I’ve still been doing lots of cooking, but bringing my camera into the kitchen has been a struggle. I made this Avocado Egg Salad from Pinch of Yum a few weeks ago when we were in the cleanse phase of a health challenge and immediately thought it would be a great candidate for a PC recipe! So, what did I do TWO WEEKS AGO?? I made a batch of eggs, stuck them in the fridge, and they continued to sit there… untransformed.
So, this morning, it was time to kick it into gear and get the recipe whipped up again!
I’d love to credit the first pressure cooker blogger who was genius enough to come up with this method for cooking NO PEEL hard boiled eggs, but I have no idea who was the first! So, here’s my shoutout to the PC blogger community as a whole. You did it! Hurray!! There aren’t many things that I detest more than peeling hard boiled eggs, so this method of making an egg loaf instead saved my life.
All you need to do is crack however many eggs you’re making into a heat proof, greased container, stick it in your pressure cooker on top of the trivet (water inside, of course), then cook the eggs for approximately 10 minutes.
Voila! Dump the egg loaf out onto a cutting board and chop up until it reaches your desired consistency.
The egg loaf is my saving grace when it comes to making this MAYO FREE avocado egg salad. I’m okay with adding a little plain greek yogurt to the egg salad if you’re wanting a bit more creaminess, but my overall preference is to go sans dressing.
The olive oil and all those crispy, biting fresh herbs combined with fresh squeezed lemon juice, bright avocado, and the perfectly cooked eggs all combine to make theeeeee best egg salad I’ve ever had.
Recipe slightly adapted from Pinch of Yum
- 4 eggs
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs/greens (I used a mixture of arugula, basil, cilantro, and parsley)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place trivet in pressure cooker then add 1 cup of water.
- Crack eggs into a small, greased, heat proof dish that can fit inside your pressure cooker.
- Place on top of trivet, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When time is up, do a quick release.
- While eggs are cooking, stir together avocado, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, and chopped herbs/greens in a medium sized bowl.
- When eggs are done, run a knife around the edges to loosen, then dump out onto a cutting board.
- Chop with a large knife until the eggs reach your desired consistency.
- Mix eggs with avocado mixture then serve!
- I like to eat mine on top of a rice cake and sprinkled with Everything Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joes.