Pressure Cooker Spring Chicken Soup is light, healthy, and full of fresh spring vegetables and herbs.
I’m going to declare Spring for us all, ok? It’s definitely full on Spring down here in Texas but I know lots of you are still experiencing SNOW. Please accept my full sympathy. That just isn’t right.
April is the time of year we’re supposed to be packing away our winter clothes, planting our warm weather gardens, and replacing foods like beef stew with springy chicken soups! Give me all the green things to reset my body after 6 months of storing up pumpkin pie, holiday cookies, and valentines candy. It’s time to get back to eating like we actually care about our bodies.
I chose to use all of my favorite green veggies in this soup, so we have peas, zucchini, leeks, fresh parsley, and fresh basil simmering in an herby chicken broth. It’s one of those soups that makes your tummy feel like all will be well again and there’s no need to ever eat anything else because it just tastes so darn good! Did I mention that there’s a whole lemon squeezed into the broth at the end so the brightness and tang of each bite is like a little piece of sunshine? Yep, I think you’re gonna like this one…
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch half moons
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced leeks, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch half moons
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh parsley and basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In pressure cooker, sauté garlic, zucchini, onion, and leeks in olive oil until starting to soften. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, Italian seasoning, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes then remove lid and add peas, lemon juice, and fresh herbs.
- Let sit for 5 minutes until peas are heated through then serve!