I’m a soup fiend. I think I could eat it every day of the year. Creamy, tomato based, broth, pho, you name it, I like it! Chicken Noodle Soup is one of those recipes that you’ve probably made a million times, but it just never gets old. I’m always looking for ways to speed up my cook time, especially for weeknight dinners, so I challenged myself this week to make a chicken noodle soup in only 15 minutes!
The secret to making soup in only 15 minutes is to make sure all your ingredients are as small as possible, so as to cook as fast as possible! To remedy that problem, I decide to pulse all of my vegetables in my blender just until I felt like they were going to start becoming a paste of sorts. It took my blender about 9 pulses to get the veggies to the size I wanted.
Another thing that you can do to speed up your cook time is to use tiny pastas. I found some adorable wagon wheels that were smaller than a dime at my grocery store, so that’s what I used. I’ve also seen tiny bowties, shells, or alphabet letters if you want to get fun!
I had a chicken breast pre-cooked that I quickly chopped, which I did while the rest of the soup was simmering. If you have some rotisserie chicken leftover from the week, that works great as well!
When you’re looking for a lightning fast yummy dinner with basic pantry ingredients, this is your go-to!
15 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
- Yield: 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (affiliate)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth (affiliate)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups tiny pasta ( I used small wagon wheels)
- 1 ½ cups shredded or chopped chicken
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut carrots, celery, garlic and onion in half then place in your blender or food processor. Pulse 5-10 times, until veggies are in very small pieces, but not starting to turn into a paste.
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot over medium high heat. Saute vegetables for 3 minutes, then pour in chicken broth, water, and pasta. Bring to a boil and add in chicken and spices. Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is softened.
- Serve hot!