A zesty, nutrient dense salad that will wow your guests with its amazing fresh flavors!
I’ve been having some major crushes on seafood lately. When we went on our trip to New Orleans last weekend my seafood obsession kind of dictated our meals. We had a deep fried blue crab sandwich that was so delicious and crazy lookin’ with all its little claw arms peeling its way out of my hoagie bun, then we had some grilled oysters, then crawfish (we even sucked the heads!!), shrimp n’ grits, and topped it off with a seafood jambalaya. Then, back to Austin we came and jumped right back into eating tacos 24/7, and I have to say I’m missing seafood a whole bunch.
We’re headed to Las Vegas and ultimately Zion National Park tomorrow evening and there’s a strong chance I try to seek out some more seafood. Is that a thing in Vegas? Seafood in the middle of the dessert?? 🙂
Did I mention how excited I am for this trip?? We’ve been planning it with some friends from MN since January and not only will it be super great to see them, we’re also so pumped to spend 3 days in the middle of gorgeous Zion National Park! Have any of you ever been? This will be my first intense backpacking trip and I’m hoping my BodyPump and Yoga the last few months will keep me from falling over on the trail. No promises though – if something happens to me, somebody take care of my Kitschen Cats please 😉
Now for the salad. It’s been adapted from Iowa Girl Eats and in my opinion is the perfect salad to devour as we’re heading from spring into summer. It’s so fresh and satisfies those seafood cravings you might be having like I am! It can be easily adapted depending on what fresh veggies you have in your fridge at the time and it’s great at providing a filling meal with the addition of the quinoa. How gorgeous are all the bright colors??
Garlic Lime Shrimp and Quinoa Salad
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (affiliate)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (affiliate)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil (affiliate)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (affiliate)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil (affiliate)
- 2 tablespoons honey (affiliate)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn (frozen and thawed or fresh)
- 1 cup black beans (affiliate)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Rinse quinoa under cold water then place in medium size saucepan along with chicken broth, water, and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
- Take off of heat and let sit for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- While quinoa is cooking, combine shrimp, olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, cumin, and salt and pepper and mix until shrimp is coated. Let set for 5 minutes.
- If using the pressure cooker for your shrimp, put them in the pot and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes with a quick release.
- If cooking on the stovetop, place in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.
- Assemble salad by combining shrimp and all other prepped vegetables, then drizzle with dressing and serve either warm or cold.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Other Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Curried Shrimp Paella
Spicy Shrimp Enchiladas With A Jalapeno Garlic Sauce
2 thoughts on “Garlic Lime Shrimp and Quinoa Salad”
Comments are closed.