A veggie lover’s dream made with pan roasted eggplant, zucchini, and asparagus.
Pasta is a dish that seems to transcend time. If you didn’t grow up eating mac and cheese, which then evolved into spaghetti and meatballs and maybe even matured into a lasagna, I would be quite surprised! Pasta for dinner just seems like home. We always had pasta of some sort on Wednesday nights, because we had to hurry out the door and my mom would usually have a pasta dish ready to go (almost always using one of Ragu’s sauces)!
Our Wednesday dinners might not have been anything more than linguine covered in a Ragu meat sauce, but we could always count on it to taste familiar and bring that level of comfort that only pasta at home can do!
As I’ve been married and started to come up with recipes of my own, I’ve found that I usually pull from the basics of my childhood but add in a few extra special ingredients. Sometimes these are seasonal produce items that I just can’t pass up at the grocery store or sometimes I find myself just opening my fridge and in an attempt to clean things out, I’ll make a pasta that throws in a little bit of this and a little bit of that!
For this pasta ratatouille, I started with a classic base of eggplant, zucchini, and onion. Red pepper is also another classic ingredient of a ratatouille, but I didn’t have one in my cupboard, so I opted to leave it out this time! I didn’t need to add many spices to the vegetables, because the roasted garlic sauce is so rich and spiced wonderfully.
If you’re looking for a recipe that brings you back to the days of growing up with a few healthy additions, I think this will be a good option for you.
Thanks to Ragu’s new Homestyle brand for providing a line of flavor-packed ready to go sauces that I can see myself turning to for all my favorite pasta dishes!Print
Roasted Eggplant Ratatouille with Trottole Pasta
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6
- 1/4 cup olive oil (affiliate)
- 1 small eggplant, chopped with the peel still on
- 2 small zucchini or 1 large chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb pasta (I used Trottole)
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- Pour oil into a cast iron skillet and heat to medium high heat. Add in eggplant and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in zucchini and onion. Cook for 10 minutes until veggies can be easily poked through with a fork and edges are starting to caramelize.
- Add in chopped asparagus, kosher salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, bring a medium-large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- When finished, drain water and pour in full jar of Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce.
- Remove veggies from skillet and fill with cooked pasta. Spoon veggies on top then dollop with ricotta cheese and sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Here’s Another Eggplant Recipe You’ll Love Trying!
Pressure Cooker Chicken And Eggplant Bake
6 thoughts on “Roasted Eggplant Ratatouille with Trottole Pasta”
This definitely looks like a veggie lovers dream. Yum. :]
// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
Thanks Carmen! I’m always craving pasta, so if I can squeeze some veggies in there, that makes me feel a little better 😉
I have never made ratatiolle before, but I am always looking for recipes that use eggplant, so I may have to try this one!
It’s really easy and tasty! It’s not quite a classic ratatouille, but emulates a lot of the same ingredients and technique.
How big is your cast iron skillet?
My skillet is a 10 inch!
Comments are closed.