Pressure Cooker Swedish Turkey Meatballs served over creamy mashed potatoes is lean comfort food that feels like a guilty pleasure but is actually guilt-free!
Austin is overrun with SXSW attendees right now doing all the cool Austin things and I’m over here sitting at my house doing really cool things like trimming my basil plant, nibbling on celery and peanut butter, and trying to get the motivation to finish up my kid friendly PC ebook. We’re planning on heading down to the free concert series at Whole Foods today to see Jukebox the Ghost and In the Valley Below, but that’s mainly so we’re not entirely lame and actually take advantage of some of the cool schtuff going on. But don’t worry, it’s straight home again after the 5:30 show wraps up. We gotta keep some level of decorum…
If you’ve been following along with my 24 Day Challenge post, you’ll know that I haven’t been eating anything along the lines of comfort food, so I’m living vicariously through those of you who choose to make the recipe I’m sharing today! It’s not a guilty pleasure recipe by any means, but for the sake of our current predicament, we aren’t able to indulge in it currently.
IKEA was the first place I ever experienced Swedish meatballs, and after doing so I set out to make a turkey version of them. A little lighter, a little healthier. I love serving these over my Garlic Ranch Mashed Potatoes, but you could eat them by themselves, serve them over rice, or maybe a zucchini noodle type of situation would be good too!
Pressure Cooker Swedish Turkey Meatballs
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2-cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (affiliate)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (affiliate)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (affiliate)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Mix together all ingredients for the meatballs (except the chicken broth) really well – I like to use my hands to make sure all ingredients are incorporated!
- Roll meatballs into 1.5-2 inch balls and place in a single layer in pressure cooker. If you run out of room and need to start stacking, that’s fine too.
- Pour chicken broth into the pressure cooker and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, do a quick release.
- Remove meatballs from the pressure cooker, leaving the broth.
- Turn pressure cooker onto simmer setting and whisk in olive oil, cream cheese, dijon, worcestershire, and flour.
- Let simmer and stir until gravy starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to your preferred taste and then add meatballs back into gravy.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve over mashed potatoes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Other Meatball Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Italian Meatballs
Pressure Cooker Portabello Black Bean Meatballs
Pressure Cooker Jumbo Chicken Basil Meatballs
Pressure Cooker Greek Lamb Meatballs With Salad and Tzatziki