Pressure Cooker Jumbo Chicken Basil Meatballs – so moist, juicy, and combined with the yummiest mix of pancetta, tomatoes, and fresh parmesan!
A question I get quite a bit about having a food blog is, “do you create your own recipes?” The answer to that is yes and no. When I first started the blog I mainly would post recipes that I loved from other sites or cookbooks, always giving them credit as the original creators. Then, as I started to feel a little more comfortable with adapting and adjusting the recipes, I would post a recipe that I originally discovered somewhere but over time put my own spin on it. Now, for the last 4-5 months or so, I’ve been primarily posting my own recipes which I develop and test multiple times before sharing with you.
Most of you are probably thinking, what do you mean? You’re not the first person to make chicken meatballs!
You’re right! Many of the recipes on my blog aren’t anything new, but they are my personal favorite way to make them with special additions that you haven’t seen elsewhere. So, for this recipe, you might have seen a similar chicken meatball recipe elsewhere, but how was it made? Was it created for the pressure cooker? Was it tossed at the end with pancetta, onion, and other herbs? Was it a multi-step, multi-dish recipe or were you able to mix it all together using just one bowl and one skillet? Those are the types of things I’m talking about, and on Kitschen Cat I’m all about making food in a fuss-free way so that you can spend less time and energy cooking and more time eating that food around the table with good company!
My brother and sister-in-law hosted me at their house this past weekend while Kev was hosting a bachelor party at our place, and we had such a good time! Lots of good food, time at the pool, checking out a sweet new hostel/bar in Austin, and a few solid hours of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I made these chicken meatballs for us and they were a big hit! My original plan was to serve them on top of my red wine spaghetti, but for some reason I couldn’t get the bottle of 2 buck chuck open so we went without the pasta. But, if you want to go that route, be my guest!! I’ve served those two together before and it’s been ohhh so tasty.
If you’re still one of my readers who hasn’t joined the pressure cooker crew yet, you can definitely make these meatballs either in a skillet or in the oven. You’ll need to increase your cook time just a bit and can skip the browning stage.
Pretty please give me a shout-out on social media when you make these! I’ll also be expecting an invitation in the mail for your next dinner party where they’re being served…
Pressure Cooker Jumbo Chicken Basil Meatballs
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (affiliate)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black paper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, then form into 2 inch meatballs using your hands.
- Place meatballs in the freezer for 15-20 minutes if mixture is too sticky to hold it’s shape.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the pressure cooker on the browning or sauté setting and cook meatballs for 1 minute on 2 of the sides until you have a nice brown crust.
- Place meatballs on top of trivet inside pressure cooker, then add 1 cup of water to bottom of pot.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 5 minutes. When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then release any remaining pressure using a quick release.
- While meatballs are cooking, sauté pancetta in large skillet until it starts to crisp.
- Add onions and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to pancetta mixture, stir to coat, then serve warm!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Other Meatball Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Italian Meatballs
Pressure Cooker Swedish Turkey Meatballs
Pressure Cooker Portabello Black Bean Meatballs
Pressure Cooker Cranberry Balsamic Meatballs
2 thoughts on “Pressure Cooker Jumbo Chicken Basil Meatballs”
YUM. This looks so good!
Comments are closed.