We made it! It’s Friday, y’all. What are you doing this weekend?? I have super exciting news…I just finished the FINAL Harry Potter book and oh my goodness, I just want to start the series all over again! I told Kev yesterday that I couldn’t help but be upset with myself for not reading them sooner. I just feel like I wasted time! We watched the movies after I finished each book so tonight the plan is to watch Deathly Hallows Pt 1 and 2 with some popcorn, lo mein, and sweet tea. Just don’t think about that combo too much, it’s what’s on my mind and what’s in the fridge.
I’m really super excited to share this recipe with you today, and for those of you who are quietly shedding tears because you really really want to make these adorable little cakes but you don’t have a pressure cooker, don’t worry!! You can bake them as well 🙂 Just stick them in the oven at 350 and all will be well.
I make a TON of food in our pressure cooker. At least 1 component of our dinners is always made in the pressure cooker, if not the entire meal. I’m curious to know who of YOU has a pressure cooker. I’ve found there’s a secret tribe out there of pressure cooker devotees and I desperately want to know who’s in it!
We got our amazing Cuisinart Pressure Cooker for a wedding present and I didn’t even open it for 5 months because it terrified me to death! That was silly. It’s the easiest thing to use in the world. Sometimes I don’t even use the pressure function and just use it as an electric pot of sorts to saute vegetables or simmer soup or brown meat. The clean-up is incredibly easy and I would guess it saves me an average of 20-30 minutes per meal because of the incredibly quick cooking times.
On a regular basis, I use it to cook all my grains, breakfast oatmeal, soup, meat, veggies, and now desserts! You’ll be so amazed when you taste how moist and juicy it keeps everything all while preserving the best flavors sealed inside.
This Olive Oil Zucchini Cake paired with a Zesty Yogurt Lemon Glaze is heaven on a plate. The cake is essentially being steamed in the pressure cooker, so it practically melts in your mouth because of the moisture it’s retained through the cooking process. I loved making the cakes in the cute little white ramekins because they pop out so easily and make adorable little desserts for any occasion, whether you’re having tea with your girlfriends or having a Harry Potter marathon with your hubby!
Here’s to Friday treats, spending goofy time with the people you love, and cooking from the heart!
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces lemon yogurt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt until combined.
- Add eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix with dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Gently stir in grated zucchini.
- Pour 1 cup of water into bottom of electric pressure cooker then place cooking grate into bottom of cooker.
- Grease small ramekins and pour batter into each one, filling about halfway.
- Place ramekins in pressure cooker, on top of grate, and lock lid.
- Select the high pressure function and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes is up, do a quick release and then carefully remove ramekins from cooker with oven mitt.
- Let cool slightly then remove from ramekin and place cakes on baking sheet.
- To make yogurt sauce, whisk together yogurt, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Serve on top of mini cakes.
- **Notes: I could only do 4 cakes at a time in my pressure cooker, so you can either make 2 batches or bake the remainder of your cakes in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
7 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan!
Sign Up for 7 Dinners, 1 Dessert, 1 Breakfast, and a Complete Shopping List!