I’m so excited today because I get to show you what I’ve been working on for the last few weeks! This design (and migration to WordPress) has been a long time coming, but it was so needed and much welcomed. I’m really happy with how it turned out and am loving how the clean black and white helps the colors of the food to pop right off the page. It’s making me want to pop one of the roasted caramelized tomatoes (below) into my mouth right now! Proof that the design is working 😉
I’ve still been doing a lot of cooking the last few weeks and it’s been a good season of cooking for pure enjoyment, rather than having to set up a photo shoot, write out the recipe, and go through the whole posting process. Not that I don’t enjoy all of those things, but it was a great season to work on some different skills, all the while storing up a ton of new recipe ideas to bring to you!
The first recipe that I’m super excited about and am sharing with you today is this spaghetti squash with only 5 ingredients (not including pantry spices)! I’ve been getting a spaghetti squash in my CSA every week for the last month, which has caused me to use it in all sorts of dishes. Some better than others (we had a not so great experience with a Yakisoba Spaghetti Squash this past Monday).
This recipe is utterly foolproof. Spaghetti squash is very forgiving and you’ll be amazed how much you love it and how easy it is to prepare. I actually use my pressure cooker to cook it in only about 7 minutes, but if you don’t have a pressure cooker, the oven works just as well! It just takes a bit more time.
This recipe is healthy, under $5 to make, and so fast and easy!
Last thing – because this design is fairly new, please please please please please let me know if you come across something that looks odd or doesn’t seem to be working right. We’ve tried to comb through everything, but there’s a good possibility we missed something.
I’m so excited to keep sharing yummy food with you!
5 Ingredient Spaghetti Squash with Pan Roasted Tomatoes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (affiliate)
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (affiliate)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- *optional – mozzarella balls
- Start by cutting your spaghetti squash in half, then brushing with olive oil and placing flesh side down on a baking sheet and roasting in the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Slice cherry tomatoes in half, and very carefully place fleshy side down in the hot oil.
- Smash 2 cloves of garlic and place in pan with tomatoes as well.
- Let tomatoes roast for 5-7 minutes, gently shaking the pan every minute or so, but being careful not to tip any of the tomatoes. The fleshy side should stay down and will begin to roast and caramelize.
- Reduce heat to medium and add vinegar, salt, pepper, basil, and strands of spaghetti squash. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot with mozza balls!
Other 5 Ingredient Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker 5 Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup
Pressure Cooker 5 Ingredient Breakfast Sandwiches
Pressure Cooker 5 Ingredient Cozy Winter Soup
3 thoughts on “5 Ingredient Spaghetti Squash with Pan Roasted Tomatoes”
How do you make the spaghetti squash in the pressure cooker? What setting(s)? Do you have to cut in half first?
Hi Katie! To make your spaghetti squash in the pressure cooker, you need to cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, then place it on the trivet inside your pressure cooker (with water underneath). Cook for 8 minutes on high pressure and use a quick release. It’s ready to go then!
Comments are closed.