Pressure Cooker Caribbean Chicken and Rice Bowl with pineapple, red pepper, and cilantro is sweet and spicy with a taste of island life!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, green parts only
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (I prefer unsweetened)
- In pressure cooker, mix together brown rice, chicken broth, Caribbean jerk seasoning, ginger, salt, soy, sauce, and whole chicken breasts.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 22 minutes. When time is up, let pressure naturally release.
- Add red bell pepper and pineapple to pot and simmer until pepper strips start to soften.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir, and serve!