- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chili paste
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- In pressure cooker, sauté onion and garlic in oil until starting to brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and red chili paste.
- Stir until chicken in completely coated, then lock lid and set to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When time is up, do a quick release and add broccoli and cashews.
- Turn pressure cooker onto sauté setting and place lid back on top.
- Let simmer and steam for 3 minutes, then remove lid and stir in cornstarch slurry.
- Stir until sauce thickens then serve on white or brown rice.