Slightly adapted from Linda Ly’s New Camp Cookbook
- 5 skin-on, chicken legs
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin , divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 teaspoon cumin.
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker on sauté setting until hot, then add chicken legs skin side down. Brown for 4 minutes per side then remove from pot and set aside.
- Add onion, green pepper, poblano pepper, and garlic to pressure cooker. Sauté for 3-4 minutes then add oregano, turmeric, bay leaf, remaining salt and pepper, and tomato sauce.
- Sauté for 2-3 more minutes then add rice, beer, and chicken broth.
- Lay legs on top of rice mixture, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 9 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release then remove chicken.
- Turn onto simmer setting and add peas and cilantro. Stir until peas are heated through then serve rice topped with a chicken leg.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins