This Pressure Cooker Spanish Rice Bake is tex-mex comfort food at its finest. Layer everything in your pressure cooker and dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Coming to you today with another one of my favorite recipes from Hangry Beyond Belief, which is my 30 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan Ebook! If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, it’s 30 days worth of dinners, along with 4 bonus breakfasts, 4 bonus desserts, weekly shopping lists, and a monthly meal plan – all for $4.99. If you’re loving your instant pot/pressure cooker but are stuck making the same 5 recipes, I think you’ll really love it!
Okay, something really funny is happening in our food world this week and I just have to share it with you. I sat down Sunday afternoon to make our meal plan and I just kept seeing tacos everywhere that looked. so. good. So, I penciled 1 of them into the meal plan, then another 1, then another…. and before you know it, I had 6 taco recipes planned for the week. Ahhhahaha. Yep, we’re literally having tacos every night this week and I think Kev has decided I’m pretty much the greatest wife ever.
We kicked off the week last night with some huevos rancheros sausage breakfast tacos and tonight on the menu are some grilled tilapia tacos with a cilantro jalapeño sauce. I sorta wonder how we’ll be feeling by Saturday… will we be tired of eating tacos? Is that even a thing?? Am I even allowed to think those kind of thoughts??? I’ll keep you updated.
Oh, one more thing on the taco craze. I’m pretty sure my Instacart shopper the other day just assumed we were having a taco party for 30 people. Not only did I order EVERYTHING that goes in tacos, I also ordered NINETY tortillas. Lololol. Maybe she just thinks we’re doing the Taco Cleanse. It’s a real thing people, and I think we might be up for the challenge after this week’s warmup.
Okkkk, so once we’re tired of tacos I’ll be back to hang out with my pressure cooker and this Spanish Rice Bake will be a great way to ease our taco separation anxiety.
Who am I kidding, everything in this recipe could be scooped out and rolled up into a tortilla itself! It’s a taco in disguise! If you’re anti tortilla though, or would like to serve this alongside a taco, I think that’s a great idea too. It’s super simple to make and can be on your plate (beside a taco of course) in less than 30 minutes. Feel free to bulk up the recipe by adding ground beef or shredded chicken, or if you’re not a beans fan, take those out! No big deal. Whatever you like, run with it!
Let me leave you with this parting quote from a very wise woman.
“A well balanced diet is a taco in each hand”.
Pressure Cooker Spanish Rice Bake
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (affiliate)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable, chicken, or beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (affiliate)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15oz can black beans (affiliate)
- 1 15 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- cilantro, salsa (affiliate), sour cream, green onions, shredded cheese
- Saute onion in oil inside pressure cooker on saute setting for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and saute for another minute.
- Add broth, salsa, salt, and pepper – stir and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then release remaining pressure.
- Remove half of rice from pressure cooker and begin by layering half of the black beans on top of the rice in the pressure cooker.
- Then, add half of the refried beans, half of the frozen corn, and half of the cheese.
- Pour remaining rice back into pressure cooker, then repeat layers of black beans, refried beans, corn, and remaining cheese.
- Put lid back on pressure cooker and let sit on the warm setting for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and corn is cooked.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and extra salsa.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Other Rice Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Cuban Chicken And Rice