Pressure Cooker Vegetarian Red Beans and Rice is a dump and eat kind of dinner! There’s no need to soak the beans ahead of time, so everything gets thrown into your pressure cooker and comes out piping hot 90 minutes later!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 6 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Saute onion, pepper, celery, and garlic in olive oil in pressure cooker until veggies just start to soften.
- Add dried (unsoaked) red beans, broth, and all spices.
- Set to high pressure for 50 minutes and then let naturally release.
- When time is up, use a potato masher to mash half of bean mixture.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with sliced green onions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins