Recipe from Honey & Co.: The Cookbook
- 2 large zucchini
- 6 cloves garlic, whole and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 mint sprigs
- Remove the stem from the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise, then cut into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- In a large skillet (I prefer my cast iron) over medium high heat, heat olive oil then add zucchini and whole, smashed garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle with salt, then cover pan and let cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove lid and mix well, mashing zucchini as you go.
- Reduce heat to medium and let cook for another 30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes until zucchini and garlic is completely softened and turning to a mushy pulp.
- If your mixture is starting to stick to your skillet, add the 2 tablespoons of water.
- Remove from heat, spread dip into a serving dish and dollop with yogurt and garnish with mint.
- Serve with crackers!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins