Infused with bits of crispy bacon, rich olive oil, and nutty parmesan cheese, this go-to carbonara recipe is a dinner favorite for even the pickiest eaters!
Currently: Sitting in the Denver airport, belly full of an egg, cheese, chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A and camping out in the sitting area of Jamba Juice. Not by choice. We’re in route to Minneapolis, but flights are flights and departure schmarture times don’t always mean too much. So, we now have 4 1/2 unplanned hours to kill, which means I get to catch up on editing, gawking at recipes like this and this, and getting this lovely carbonara recipe out to you!
I’ve been making this carbonara recipe for 2 or 3 years now and it’s one of those things I keep in my back pocket for a night I just need a reliable recipe, something that I most likely have all the ingredients on hand for, and when you want to impress even yourself with how easy and delicious it is! You may have seen other carbonara recipes that call for pancetta instead of bacon, but I almost always have bacon on hand and almost never have pancetta, so there you go! Bacon it is.
I guarantee this taaaasty pasta recipe will be one that you put in your back pocket and bring out for a rainy day. Or a sunny day. Or just any ordinary day that calls for pasta 🙂
In the words of my husband… “I was mad when it was gone.”
- 1 lb dry spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepper (LOTS)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped italian parsley
- Boil spaghetti according to package directions in highly salted water.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet or pot, and add chopped bacon.
- Fry over medium high heat until bacon is crispy. Stir in garlic and let saute for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat
- Drain spaghetti, reserving one cup of pasta water to be used later.
- Add spaghetti to bacon and garlic, and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and parmesan cheese then pour over top of spaghetti and stir until noodles are all coated. Add pasta water little by little and stir until your pasta has reached your desired creaminess.
- Stir in black pepper and parsley, then serve!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins