A healthy oatmeal treat rolled in coconut and packed with chia seeds, lemon zest, nuts, and more!
Do you guys believe in the whole Groundhog Day thing? Punxsutawney Phil (the groundhog), saw his shadow, so supposedly we have 6 more weeks of winter. While I’m mourning for you in the rest of the U.S., I’m actually really not caring because it’s completely gorgeous here in Texas! 70’s and 80’s in February are what dreams are made of, but just please don’t say anything to me about how hot it’s going to be by the time July/August finally hits. We’re just not gonna think about that right now, k? Right now I’m all about popping hints of springtime into my food, like a burst of lemon in these completely delicious and healthy snack bites!
We have crazy sweet tooths here at our house, so these are the perfect option for a snack when I’m craving something just a little sweet. They’re highly adaptable to whatever you have in your pantry – all you need to do is throw everything in your food processor (or rock-star blender), pulse until the ingredients start to form into clumps, then roll it all into a ball and pat with coconut flakes. Voila! The perfect snack.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice – I used a mixture of pecans, walnuts , and peanuts)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In food processor, combine all ingredients but shredded coconut.
- Pulse until oats are finely chopped and ingredients start to stick together and pull away from the edges of the food processor.
- Roll mixture into small balls and roll in shredded coconut.
- Store in fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 mins