Pressure Cooker Adobo Beef Tacos are a back pocket recipe that can (and should) be pulled out for weekly dinners!
We made it! It’s the beginning of February and we just finished up a month of meatless meals. To celebrate the end, today I’m sharing these MELT IN YOUR MOUTH adobo beef tacos. If you’ve already picked up a copy of my ebook, you already know this recipe (and are a fan, I hope)! Every time I’ve made these simpler than simple tacos, I’ve had a few tears in my eyes after trying the first bite of the ultra tender beef. It truly melts in your mouth in a way that’s unlike any other method of cooking I’ve tried.
If you’ve visited Austin, you know that tacos make up about 80% of the food consumed around town. In my opinion, the best taco is one with ultra tender meat and sprinkled with the 3 most basic toppings: raw onion, cilantro, and salsa. Of course it needs to be served on a charred tortilla as well – there’s no other way!
Once you throw the beef in your pressure cooker, give me a call at XXX-XXX-XXXX. I’ll be there in a jiffy.
- 2 lbs boneless beef shoulder roast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 – 4 chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Add chipotle chilis, beef broth, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and cloves to food processor or blender, and blend to a chunky puree.
- In pressure cooker, brown beef in vegetable oil for 1 minute per side.
- Pour puree over top of beef, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When time is up, do a quick release then shred beef inside pot using two forks.
- Pile shredded beef into corn tortillas and top with chopped onion, cilantro, and squeeze with a lime wedge.