Pressure Cooker Chunky Apple Breakfast Cake is a special treat made completely in your pressure cooker in under an hour!
Hey friends!! Yep, you guessed it, today I’m sharing another one of my very favorite recipes from Hangry Beyond Belief, my 30 Day Pressure Cooker Meal Plan. This Chunky Apple Breakfast Cake was my first ever cake made entirely in the PC, and it opened up a world of possibilities when it comes to PC desserts.
As I previously mentioned, I’m doing a whole lot of recipe testing these days for a new kid-friendly ebook and last night made a super tasty blueberry cornbread breakfast cake! If breakfast cake isn’t something you’re acquainted with, I suggest inviting it in and asking it to stay for awhile. I mean, seriously, who wouldn’t be ecstatic about having CAKE in the morning?
For those of you looking for a newsy update, Kev and I are headed to the Padre Island National Seashore this weekend for a quick getaway! We haven’t been down to explore the Texas coast yet since living here and we finally have a free weekend for an escape. It’s been a lot of go go go recently paired with a lot of wait wait wait (foster care), so an opportunity to do neither of those things and spend some relaxing time as just the two of us is much needed.
Neither of us have ever been camping on the beach and are so excited to give it a try! Let’s just hope we get the tide levels right and don’t find ourselves floating across the Gulf of Mexico in the middle of the night…
One of my favorite parts about camping is deciding what meals I’m going to be cooking over the fire! This trip I’m using The New Camp Cookbook and have a couple of new recipes picked out that I can’t wait to devour! I’m not sure what the science is with food tasting better after being cooked over an open fire, but it’s definitely real. Sand and sea, here we come!!
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups peeled & chopped apples
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Generously grease heat proof container that can fit into your pressure cooker.
- In separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, sugar, egg, vanilla, and chopped apples.
- Gently stir in flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in nuts and coconut then pour batter into heat-proof container.
- Place trivet inside pressure cooker and add 1 1⁄2 cups water.
- Place cake on top of trivet and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release all remaining pressure with a quick release.
- Carefully remove from pressure cooker, loosen edges, and dump out onto serving platter.