Pressure Cooker Classic Meatloaf from the Magnolia Table cookbook is a great dish to keep in your repertoire for your family’s dinner rotation!
I’m on a quest to find out what percentage of the population likes meatloaf. If I just take my family growing up as a sample, I think we were 1 for 6, so I was sure the rest of the world felt the same! Turns out, we were an anomaly. When my husband came home last week and saw I had made meatloaf for dinner, I think he fell over backwards in disbelief. If there was one thing he thought he’d NEVER see on his plate, it was a scrumptious slice of meatloaf with a side of roasted potatoes!
A good friend bought me the Magnolia Table cookbook for my birthday and this meatloaf was the first recipe I chose to make out of it. As far as I can tell, it’s a pretty classic meatloaf with a couple of tasty additions.
She (Joanna), uses saltines for the binding, but I used some ultra buttery ritz like crackers we had on hand along with some buttery sauteéd onions. Never too much butter around here!
If you want to make red potatoes at the same time as your meatloaf, you can throw them into the pressure cooker (whole) along with the meatloaf and then mash them or eat them as they are. I think you’re going to love adding this simple recipe to your weekly dinner rotation!
Other Ground Beef Recipes You’ll Love
Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Tacos
Pressure Cooker Classic Meatloaf
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter (affiliate)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 ounces saltine or ritz crackers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup (affiliate)
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small skillet, sauté onion in butter until softened.
- Add onion to a large bowl, then add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Select a baking dish that fits into your pressure cooker, then grease with cooking spray.
- Form mixture into a loaf and place in the dish. **I like to use my springform pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water into bottom of pressure cooker then lower trivet inside.
- Place baking dish on top of trivet, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release fully, then spread 1/4 cup bbq sauce over top of the meatloaf and place in the oven under the broiler for 5-10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins