Pressure Cooker Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings are sweet, spicy, and finger licking good!
This one time 3 weeks ago I made wings for the very first time and they pretty much changed my life. I don’t think I had any idea the level of goodness that these wings were going to bring to the table. So, after making this recipe, devouring it in about 3.5 minutes, and wanting more, we had it again 3 days later! Ha! It was so fast from round 1 to round 2 that we still had all the same sides in the fridge, so we re-kindled the wing magic and goodness was it amazing.
I was originally thinking a simple bbq sauce for my first wing attempt, but as I stared into the fridge I couldn’t take my eyes off the sriracha and decided to try a sweet and spicy combo. Enter the honey for sweets, the dijon for a tang, the sriracha for spice, and then the herbs for, well, an earthy punch at the end!
I love starting my meat in the pressure cooker and finishing it on the grill because you can cook it almost all the way, locking in the moisture, and then throw it on the grill for just a few minutes to crisp up the skin and give it that smoky grilled taste. Kev was my grill-master for these wings and he found 9 minutes total to be the perfect amount of time, rotating the wings every 3 minutes.
I chose to toss these in the sauce at the very end after the pressure cooking and grilling and the sauce stuck quite nicely to them! Just look at that color – doesn’t it make you want to devour it immediately??
Pressure Cooker Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 2 lbs chicken wings or wings and drumettes
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (affiliate)
- 3 tablespoons honey (affiliate)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (affiliate)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (affiliate)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (affiliate)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place trivet in bottom of pressure cooker and pour in 1 cup of water.
- Pile wings on top of trivet, lock lid and set to high pressure for 4 minutes. When time is up, let pressure naturally release.
- Whisk together all ingredients for sauce in large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat grill to high heat and brush liberally with canola oil.
- Remove wings from pressure cooker, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill for 9 minutes, turning wings every three minutes.
- Toss wings in sauce and serve!
I sprinkled these with this seasoning from Trader Joe’s. I highly recommend picking some up if you have a TJ’s near you!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Other Chicken Recipes You’ll Love!
Pressure Cooker Cashew Chicken With Broccoli
Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken Stir Fry
Pressure Cooker Cuban Chicken And Rice