Pressure Cooker Red Wine Poached Pears are a show stopping but ultra simple dessert for special occasions!
Good morning friends! I’m in the throes of recipe testing for my upcoming KID FRIENDLY pressure cooker ebook for the next three weeks, so on Thursdays I’m pulling from my previous ebook to share some of my favorite recipes with you. To stick with this week’s dessert theme, these red wine poached pears are today’s share!
They look pretty ultra fancy, don’t they? That’s what I always thought until I made poached pears in my PC for the first time. If peeling a pear and then placing it in your pc with some wine and a few other ingredients sounds too complicated, just take a deep breath, read the instructions step by step, and do it! I have the greatest faith in you!
- 1 bottle red wine of your choice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large cinnamon stick 1 lemon, zested
- 1 star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- 4 bartlett or bosc pears, slightly underripe
- Turn pressure cooker onto simmer or sauté setting and stir together red wine, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, star anise, and cloves.
- Bring to a gentle simmer until sugar is dissolved then turn pressure cooker off.
- Meanwhile, peel pears (leaving the stems on).
- Add pears to pressure cooker, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.