Pressure Cooker Ginger Molasses Cheesecake with cranberry sauce tastes like Christmas summed up in one dessert!
Did you see the picture on Instagram of that cheesecake I was recipe testing a few weeks ago?? Oh goodness gracious I’m upset that it took me so long to get the 7 inch springform pan for my pressure cooker because PC cheesecake is on a whole new level…
Barbara over at Pressure Cooking Today is the complete master when it comes to making cheesecake and I have to give all credit to her mouth-watering recipes for inspiring me to finally give it a try! If you’re working on making your Christmas list, I would highly highly highly recommend getting a 7 inch springform pan to fit inside your 6QT pressure cooker. Not only can you make cheesecake in it, but you can use it for tons of other things! I even used mine to make my PC stuffing this year.
I’m starting to see the end of pumpkin spice season and so I’m boldly jumping into the world of cranberries and molasses and those dark aromatic spices that make me want to cozy up and make a gingerbread house already! Since this recipe DOES have cranberry sauce on top, I think it would be a beautiful addition to the pecan and pumpkin pie on your Thanksgiving table. But, if you’ve already planned your desserts for this Thursday, you can be sure to have the supplies ready to go for a Christmas tea or another Christmas celebration!
If you’ve ever made cheesecake in the oven, you’ll know that it’s kind of a bother. It’s really quite fickle and every time I’ve made it I’ve had some sort of episode with it cracking or not being done enough or caving in on me. I’ve made 3 cheesecakes in my PC so far and every time it’s been money! SO GOOD!! And SO EASY!!
I really really hope you love this recipe and aren’t afraid to use your PC to make cheesecake. It really is one of my new favorite recipes!
- Spray a 7 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse gingersnaps and butter until crumbs are a fine dust.
- Press into prepared springform pan and place in freezer while preparing the cheesecake.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar at medium high speed until light and fluffy.
- On medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Add flour, vanilla, molasses, and ginger and mix on low speed until just combined. Be sure not to overmix.
- Pour batter onto prepared crust in springform pan.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of pressure cooker then place trivet inside and gently lower cheesecake onto trivet. If you don’t have a sling, a piece of foil folded and situated underneath the springform pan will work just as well so you have a handle to remove the pan when the cheesecake is done cooking.
- Set to high pressure for 25 minutes then let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes followed by a quick release.
- While cheesecake is cooking, add cranberries, sugar, and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until cranberries are soft. Let sit off the heat to thicken.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from pressure cooker, gently dab water from top and let cool for 4+ hours in the fridge.
- Spoon cranberry sauce over top of cheesecake and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins