For all my breakfast lovers out there, these savory blender waffles can be served morning, noon, and night! They’re loaded with sharp cheddar cheese and chives, and topped with a perfect fried egg and a drizzle of maple syrup!
Goodness knows I’m a sweet breakfast girl all the way, but when these savory breakfast waffles came into my life I had to do some serious reconsidering.
Strangely enough, my kids don’t chow down on sweets as much as I thought little kids would. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s just not their preference or if it’s because we don’t serve them treats very often, but the overly sweet isn’t their favorite. So, these waffles are a perfect addition to our morning routines!
There are other ways to serve these rather than just topped with a fried egg and drizzled with syrup! Last time I made them, I made a double batch, cooked them all up, and froze a bunch for later use.
A couple of times, I ended up making a waffle sandwich with bacon and some peanut butter for my toddler’s lunchbox. He loved it!
Let’s talk quick about blender vs. mixing bowl when using it in a batter type situation. The blender is easy. That’s obvious! It also eliminates the use of a whisk, so that’s great for whoever’s doing the dishes…
The one thing you gotta watch for when mixing up batters in the blender is that you’re careful not to overmix. I usually just pulse it a few times just until all my ingredients are combined, and call it good! You shouldn’t need to pulse more than 5 or 6 times.
The one other thing to watch for when making batters in your blender is that none of your dry ingredients have stuck to the sides or bottom corners of your blender. If that happens, just use a spatula to loosen the sides and get the flour mixed into the wet ingredients.
These Savory Blender Waffles are a great addition to our family’s morning, noon, and night recipe line-up and I think they’ll be the same for you!
For all my savory breakfast lovers out there, these waffles can be served morning, noon, and night! They’re loaded with sharp cheddar cheese and chives, and topped with a perfect fried egg and a drizzle of maple syrup!
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter , melted
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat waffle iron over high heat and grease with a light coating of cooking spray if necessary.
- Add all ingredients but cheese and chives to your blender and blend until fully combined. Add shredded cheese and chives and pulse twice, just until mixed in.
- Add the batter to your waffle iron and cook accordingly.
- Keep waffles warm in the oven at 250 degrees while you prep the toppings.
- Poach or fry 4 eggs to serve on top of waffles. Sprinkle eggs lightly with salt and pepper then add to top of waffles.
- Add remaining toppings: chives, cheese, and syrup, then eat!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins