Paired with Good Natured Soups from Progresso™, this favorite tomato soup and grilled cheese combo is a sure fire way to make your dinner table a happy place.
Let’s all clap our hands together for soup season! It’s finally here! I’m thinking instead of my weekly meal planning, I’ll just make a fall/winter soup calendar. Minestrone Monday, Tomato Basil Tuesday, Wild Rice and Mushroom Wednesday, etc,…. You get the point. What’s the point in pretending we even want to be eating anything but soup with the cozy fall temperatures?
When I was selected to be an ambassador for the new Good Natured Soups line, I was so excited! They have three different delicious soups: Hearty Tomato with Spinach and Roasted Garlic, Hearty Corn and Chipotle Chowder, and Hearty Lentil and Garden Vegetable. This isn’t your basic canned soup, folks. All three varieties are packed with ¾ cup of vegetables per serving and they’re also vegan, non-GMO, and don’t contain any preservatives from artificial sources. Winning! Another bonus – here’s a coupon for $1.00 off any of those soups so you can give them a try!
I know some of you could be totally fine with soup and only soup for meals on end, but sometimes I need a little something to pair it with. One of my favorite pairings is classic tomato soup with grilled cheese, so I created a yummy Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Grilled Cheese to eat with my Good Natured Hearty Tomato soup. It’s a quick and easy dinner that can be on the table in no time and you’ll love how fresh and homemade the soup tastes too!
One last thing. Guess what!! Good Natured Soup is giving away a $25 gift basket to one of my readers and it’s super easy to enter! All you have to do is visit this site then come back and comment below, telling me what YOUR FAVORITE soup pairing is. Good luck!! 🙂Print
Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Grilled Cheese
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 tablespoons butter (affiliate)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (affiliate)
- 4 ounces chipotle sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers
- Butter 4 slices of bread on one side only and preheat griddle over medium high heat.
- Place 2 slices of bread, buttered side down, into the skillet.
- Layer with cheese, spinach, and peppers.
- Spread dijon mustard onto remaining slices of bread and then place on top of cheese and veggies, butter side facing out.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Serve with Good Natured Tomato Soup
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Other Grilled Cheese Recipes & Tips You’ll Love!
Mean Green Grilled Cheese Sandwich
How To Host A Grilled Cheese Party
My favorite soup pairing is a grilled pimento cheese sandwich and tomato soup!
Comments are closed.